Slate Wine & Spirits Academy takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of your (The User) Data. Your Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purpose of Slate Wine & Spirits Academy providing its Service. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Slate Wine & Spirits Academy. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Slate Wine & Spirits Academy at any time.
The Users Data is processed at the Slate Wine & Spirits Academy operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the your location, data transfers may involve transferring the your Data to a country other than their own, such as the WSET in the UK.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Slate Wine & Spirits Academy to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests, detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: User database management, Handling payments, Traffic optimization and distribution, Analytics, Remarketing and behavioral targeting, Interaction with external social networks and platforms and Platform services and hosting.
The main recipient of your information will be the WSET. In order register any candidate for any course or qualification the following information is required; name(s), date of birth, gender, and email address. Other reasons a candidate’s data may be passed to the WSET could include:
- To send a candidate information regarding the course for which they are registered.
- To administer and conduct a candidate’s exam, including making arrangements for reasonable adjustments and/or special considerations.
- To communicate and issue a candidate’s exam results and qualification certificate as appropriate.
- To provide a candidate with post-results services such as enquiries against results and appeals on WSET qualifications.
- To investigate any potential maladministration, malpractice or other non-compliance in connection with WSET qualifications.
Data passed to the WSET will be handled in accordance with WSET Data Protection Policy.
If you would like to know more about WSET Data Protection Policy, please email Lee Pancake, Director of Education at email@example.com for more information.
Updated May 7, 2021